Ware Parish, Gloucester County, Virginia Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
History[edit | edit source]
Ware Parish has served Gloucester County, Virginia.
Founded[edit | edit source]
- abt 1652
Resources[edit | edit source]
Cemetery[edit | edit source]
More than 600 graves at the parish cemetery are described at Find A Grave.
Parish History[edit | edit source]
- Jones, Spotswood Hunnicutt. The World of Ware Parish in Gloucester County, Virginia. Richmond, Va.: The Dietz Press, 1991. ISBN 0-87517-063-3. Library of Congress Number: 91-91176
Abingdon and Ware Parish reports:
- Convention of 1827 (pp. 203-204)
- Convention of 1828 (p. 219)
- Convention of 1830 (p. 245)
- Convention of 1831 (p. 261)
- Convention of 1832 (p. 273)
- Convention of 1833 (p. 292)
- Convention of 1834 (p. 306)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Ware Church, The Historical Marker Database
References[edit | edit source]
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Epitaphs of Gloucester and Mathews Counties in Tidewater Virginia through 1865 (Richmond, Va.: Virginia State Library, 1959).
- William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 216-229.
- Francis Lister Hawks, A Narrative of Events Connected with the Rise and Progress of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Virginia: To Which is Added an Appendix, Containing the Journals of the Conventions in Virginia from the Commencement to the Present Time (New York: Harper and Brothers, 1836). Digital version at Google Books.