To request editing rights on the Wiki, click here.

Difference between revisions of "User:Williamsda/Sandbox24"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Gnoll was the parent estate from about 1656.
 
Gnoll was the parent estate from about 1656.
  
==Owners<ref>Jeff Childs, "Landownership Changes in a Glamorgan Parish, 1750-1850: The Case of Llangyfelach," Morgannwg: The Journal of Glamorgan History (The Glamorgan History Society) 38 (1994): 42-87.</ref>==
+
==Owners<ref>Jeff Childs, "Landownership Changes in a Glamorgan Parish, 1750-1850: The Case of Llangyfelach," Morgannwg: The Journal of Glamorgan History (The Glamorgan History Society) 38 (1994): 42-87.</ref><ref>Christopher Miers, "Ynyspenllwch and its Owners," Morgannwg: The Journal of Glamorgan Family History (The Glamorgan Family History Society) 53 (2009): 63-69.</ref>==
  
 
{| class="wikitable sortable"
 
{| class="wikitable sortable"
Line 36: Line 36:
 
|c. 1794-1801
 
|c. 1794-1801
 
|marriage
 
|marriage
 +
|-
 +
|John Nathaniel Miers
 +
|1773-1814
 +
|
 +
|
 +
|-
 +
|John Miers
 +
|????-1840
 +
|
 +
|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Richard Hill Miers
 
|Richard Hill Miers
 
|1803-1855
 
|1803-1855
 
|1801-
 
|1801-
 +
|inherit from brother
 +
|-
 +
|Richard Hanbury Miers
 +
|1835-1870
 +
|
 +
|
 +
|-
 +
|Captain Capel Henry Miers
 +
|1841-1911
 +
|
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
|-
 +
|Henry Nathaniel Miers
 +
|1848-1926
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|
 +
|-
 +
|Ursuline order of nuns, St Joseph's Convent
 
|
 
|
 +
|1957-1994
 +
|purchase
 +
|-
 +
|Terry Thomas
 
|
 
|
 +
|1994-
 +
|purchase
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}

Latest revision as of 23:40, 8 December 2019

Ynyspenllwch Estate Wales[edit | edit source]

Gnoll was the parent estate from about 1656.

Owners[1][2][edit | edit source]

Owners Estate Owner Life Span Years Owned Acquired by
Sir Herbert Evans of the Gnoll died 1679
Sir Humphrey Mackworth 1657-1727 1686- marriage
Sir Robert Mackworth 1764-1794
Mary Ann Mackworth (widow) 1776-1846 1794-1801
Capel Hanbury Leigh 1766-1861 c. 1794-1801 marriage
John Nathaniel Miers 1773-1814
John Miers ????-1840
Richard Hill Miers 1803-1855 1801- inherit from brother
Richard Hanbury Miers 1835-1870
Captain Capel Henry Miers 1841-1911
Henry Nathaniel Miers 1848-1926
Ursuline order of nuns, St Joseph's Convent 1957-1994 purchase
Terry Thomas 1994- purchase

Archives Holding Records[edit | edit source]

West Glamorgan Archive Service

Neath Antiquarian Society Archives

National Library of Wales

Records Available[edit | edit source]

Estate Mortgages

Estate Papers

Estate Plans (1862) & others

History

Leases

Letters

Sale Catalogues

Settlements

Farms Included[edit | edit source]

Gellymen ucha[3]


  1. Jeff Childs, "Landownership Changes in a Glamorgan Parish, 1750-1850: The Case of Llangyfelach," Morgannwg: The Journal of Glamorgan History (The Glamorgan History Society) 38 (1994): 42-87.
  2. Christopher Miers, "Ynyspenllwch and its Owners," Morgannwg: The Journal of Glamorgan Family History (The Glamorgan Family History Society) 53 (2009): 63-69.
  3. Miers Estate Records: Lease for ninety-nine years of a parcel of land, being part of Gellymen-ucha [sic] Farm on the Ynyspenllwch Estate. 19 July 1860.