User:VasquezJL/Sandbox/Help:Contributing to the Wiki
|Getting Started||Editing Help||Advanced Editing||Community|
Getting Started - Help Articles[edit | edit source]
- Basic editing (see demo)
- Basic: Copy and paste into a wiki page
- Help: The Editing Tool
- Simple edits you can make
- Basic Wikitext
Creating and Naming Pages
Join the Community[edit | edit source]
- Projects Seeking Contributors
- FamilySearch Wiki:Community Meetings - Learn about all the meetings currently going on around the Wiki.
Intermediate/Advanced - Help Articles[edit | edit source]
- Advanced editing
- Advanced editing with Wikitext
- Advanced: Copy documents into the wiki
- Uploading images (for Reviewers and Moderators)
- How to categorize pages
- Guided practice for adding categories
- Advanced categorization
- Browse existing categories
Naming, Renaming, and Redirecting Pages
- Renaming a page
- Redirecting a page
- Adding a page to the correct namespace
- Creating an un-portal page
- Splitting articles
Additional Guidance[edit | edit source]
- Research - Ask your general or specific research questions of Family Search genealogists.
- Contributor's Corner - Participate in Wiki decision making, vote in polls concerning policy, format and other issues, and discuss relevant topics.
- Feedback and Suggestions - Have a great suggestion to help make the Wiki better ? Want to give feedback on the Wiki operation, governance or design ? This is the place to do it.
- Technical Support - This is where you ask those "why did this happen" or "why didn't this work" type questions.