I am Jon W. Thomas, co-director of the Taylorsville Utah 10-Stake Family History Center in the Institute of Religion at the Salt Lake Community College at the Redwood Campus in Taylorsville UT.
Background:[edit | edit source]
- I have been involved in Genealogy off and on for about 50 years since my Grandpa (J. Parley Thomas from Portland OR) took me to the Utah Genealogical Society library in the 1960's.
- In about 1982-1983 when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints requested 4-generation family group sheets be submitted from each family, I was designated by my extended family to type up and submit those sheets.
- I then used PAF through each of its releases, and now use Ancestral Quest to synchronize my local database with Family Tree at FamilySearch.
- I retired 8/1/2016 from over 40 years as a software engineer in network communications & operating systems development which started with Sperry Univac, then became Unisys, then L-3 Communications.
- I have many years of related preparatory callings in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Bennion Utah West Stake) as Membership Clerk, Ward Clerk, Bishopric Counselor twice, Stake Clerk twice, Stake PFR, Ward Mission Leader, etc.
I feel I and my wife Cheryl have been prepared our whole lives to enjoy our 5/8/2016 calling as directors over this new FHC.