Tim has worked at the Family History Library since 1990. He started as a volunteer then worked part-time during the Summer months at the United States/Canada reference counter, eventually being hired in a full-time capacity for the United States/Canada reference unit. In 1997 Tim was transferred to the VIP Unit where he is involved with various hosting assignments and assists with the production of genealogies for various individuals as they are assigned. Currently he is assigned to the United States/Canada reference unit.
After serving in the United States Army Tim attended Harrisburg Area Community College and later transferred to Brigham Young University graduating with a degree in History with a teaching certificate. He obtained teaching certificates in Utah and Arizona and taught high school for five years teaching U.S. History, Geography, Economics and Health. Tim acquired his AG in Mid-Atlantic States in 1991.
Tim is a member of the Historical Society of Berks County, Pennsylvania and the Berks County Genealogical Society.
Currently Tim has completed his book concerning the descendants of Samuel Bingeman and Sarah Wentzel of Berks County, Pennsylvania. He has made numerous trips to the Berks County, Pennsylvania area where he spends a great deal of time visiting societies, the courthouse, cemeteries and the neighborhoods where his ancestors lived. Tim also enjoys taking pictures of his distant relations tombstones and homes owned by his ancestors.
FamilySearch Blog Posts
- Use Multiple Records to Verify Information (18 October 2011)
- Where the Heck is Lovina? (28 July 2011)
- Sacrifices: The American Civil War (2 June 2011)
- How Do I Begin? (29 March 2011)
- Seeking the Past in the Present (5 January 2011)
- Visiting Ancestral Homes (23 November 2010)
- Courage to Seek After Our Ancestors (29 September 2010)
- No Individual Should Be Forgotten (24 September 2010)