TrishaKougioulis/Sandbox/Template Updating Known Issues Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Purpose[edit | edit source]
The purpose of this project is to update FamilySearch Historical Records articles by removing outdated text.
FamilySearch Historical Records Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Instructions for Tracking Spreadsheet[edit | edit source]
- Open the spreadsheet placeholder
- Click on the first link in column "A" with the header "Article."
- Click on the link FamilySearch Historical Records Known Issues
- Click on the first link in column "A" with the header "Article." It title will link to the article page.
- Once you are on the article page, look at the line above the article title, and click on "edit source" link.
- Scroll down the page until you see four dashes (----).
- Highlight the text below the four dashes (----) and stop before the sentence "Return to the Alabama County Marriages - FamilySearch Historical Records."
- Click "Show preview" to make sure that the correct text was deleted. Compare it to the sample article . It should look like the following:
- If everything looks good, save the page. If something is off, correct the error and then save the page.
- Go back to the spreadsheet, mark the column header "Done" next to the article name with an "x", and move on to the next article.
Instructions for Text Editing[edit | edit source]
Instructions for Finishing the Edit[edit | edit source]