TrishaKougioulis/Sandbox/Template Updating Known Issues Articles
The purpose of this project is to update FamilySearch Historical Records articles by removing outdated text.
FamilySearch Historical Records Known Issues
Instructions for Tracking Spreadsheet
- Open the spreadsheet placeholder
- Click on the first link in column "A" with the header "Article."
- Click on the link FamilySearch Historical Records Known Issues
- Click on the first link in column "A" with the header "Article." It title will link to the article page.
- Once you are on the article page, look at the line above the article title, and click on "edit source" link.
- Scroll down the page until you see four dashes (----).
- Highlight the text below the four dashes (----) and stop before the sentence "Return to the Alabama County Marriages - FamilySearch Historical Records."
- Click "Show preview" to make sure that the correct text was deleted. Compare it to the sample article . It should look like the following:
- If everything looks good, save the page. If something is off, correct the error and then save the page.
- Go back to the spreadsheet, mark the column header "Done" next to the article name with an "x", and move on to the next article.
Instructions for Text Editing
Instructions for Finishing the Edit