Thirsk Poor Law Union, Yorkshire Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
History[edit | edit source]
Thirsk Poor Law Union was formed 21st February 1837. In 1838/9 the new Union workhouse to replace the Thirsk Town Workhouse was built to house up to 120 people. The building opened in 1939 after large protests in the town about the new Poor Law.