Sumner Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours Website:
- Puyallup Family History Center
- Phone: 253-863-3383 (only during operating hours)
- 512 Valley Ave Sumner WA 98390 United States
- We are closed until further notice due to COVID 19 virus
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of severe weather (as per Sumner School District closures) or staff unavailability. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours. If you get our recorded message, it means we are closed.
Holiday Schedule: 2020
Calendar and Events:Edit
Upcoming Events: Edit
Staff Training MeetingsEdit
Databases and SoftwareEdit
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and EquipmentEdit
- 7 desktop computers (Windows OS), 1 Mac Mini (Mac OSX) with USB and separate HDMI connectivity to a 48" HD TV screen; 1 printer, 1 printer/scanner with direct FamilySeach "Memories" connectivity, 1 bulk photo scanner, 1 microfilm/microfiche reader;
Microfiche Reader: Which reads microfiche, then prints or stores on thumb drive or computer
Staff Research SpecialtiesEdit
Resources in the Local AreaEdit
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.