Stord Parish, Hordaland, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Stord, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
|Amt 1689-1919||1660-1763: Bergenhus, 1763-1919: Søndre Bergenhus|
Microfilms of parish registers are available at the Family History Library for Stord clerical district and contain the parish registers for Stord clerical district which includes Stord parish. Also included Fitjar parish until 1862 when it became part of the new Fitjar clerical district and Valestrand parish until 1870 when it bacame part of Sveio clerical district. Records avaialable from 1725.
Digital images of parish records are online for Stord at Digitalarkivet.
Many of the Stord parish records have been extracted or indexed and can be found in the FamilySearch database Norway Baptisms, 1634-1927 as described in the wiki article Norway Baptisms - FamilySearch Historical Records.
- 1664-1666 Census Sogneprestenes manntall Sundhordland prosti Stord clerical district included Valestrand, Fitjar and Stord parishes. This census was taken by the local parish priests. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122971 Item 3 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images
- 1701 Census Stord clerical district in Sunnhordland fogderi included Møkster and Austevoll parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122983 Item 1 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a transcribed database
- 1801 Census Stord clerical district included Valestrand, Fitjar and Stord parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 123002 Item 1 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a transcribed database.
- 1835 Census Stord clerical district included Valestrand, Fitjar and Stord parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 1283409 Item 2 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a transcribed database
- 1845 Census Stord clerical district included Valestrand, Fitjar and Stord parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 1283409 Item 3 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a transcribed database
- 1865 Census Stord clerical district included Valestrand parish. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 123068 Item 2 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a transcribed database
- 1875 Census Stord clerical district is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 273501 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a transcribed database
- 1891 Census Stord clerical district is online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a transcribed database
- 1900 Census Stord is on microfilm at the Family History Library Films 274271-274272 and online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a transcribed database
- 1910 Census Stord is online at Digitalarkivet as a transcribed database
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center
Høyland, Ola, Stord bygdebok, Stord : Utgjevar: Stord herad, 1966-1973. A history of Stord in Hordaland county and a genealogy of the people and their farms. Vol. 2 includes an expanded index. FHL 948.32/S3 H2h A farm name index to volume 2 is found in the following link. File:948.32-S3 H2h Vol 2 - STORD.pdf
|The farm name index referenced above includes many more names than the list below.|
28 Aadland 6 Agdestein 56 Almaas
48 Birkeland 39 Bjelland nordre 8 Borevik 5 Bortveit 2 Brandvik store 21 Breiviken
32 Dale 52 Digernes 59 Diviken
44 Eldøen 9 Elvepladset 12 Eskeland nedre
51 Føien 10 Førland
50 Grindevik 9 Grov
24 Haga 47 Hatland 15 Haugland 1 Haukenes 9 Heimebøen 7 Hetlesæter 46 Horneland 49 Hornelandsvaagen 26 Hysingstad 41 Høiland
45 Kaarevik 35 Kaneteig 19 Kivik
43 Langeland 38 Leirvik 34 Lillebø nedre 33 Lillebø øvre 18 Lunde 17 Lunde-Mandsværk 37 Løning
4 Mehammer 26 Midtøen 60 Mjelkvik 63 Morken
38 Naustneset 54 Nes 3 Nordhuglen 57 Nysæter
62 Peterteigen 22 Præstegaarden 14 Præsthaug
20 Rommetveit nedre
28 Sagneset 13 Solhaug 61 Stokken østre 36 Stue 53 Sætrevik 25 Sæverhagen
16 Tveite nordre 42 Tveite søndre
55 Valvatne 29 Vatne 58 Vikenes
23 Økland nedre 30 Økland øvre
For a larger list of farms, click here: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/File:948.32-S3_H2h_Vol_2_-_STORD.pdf, then click again on the next link.
Magnson, Roger Dean, 1950-: Halvor M. Magneson's descent. Contains: 1. Halvor M. Magneson's descent from the Galtung and Smør families of Austevoll, Fitjar, Stord, and Sund parishes of Hordaland, Norway -- 2. Halvor M. Magneson's descent from the viking kings.
Number 1 contains a pedigree chart, ahnenlist, and genealogical table connecting Halvor M. Magneson (1876-1942) to the prominent Galtung and Smør families. Number 2 contains a pedigree chart and 8 genealogical tables connecting Halvor M. Magneson (1876-1942) to the viking kings. FHL 929.2481 M274. To view a digital version of no 1, click here, for a digital version of no 2 click here
1668-1887: Records are found in Sunnhordaland judicial district.
1690-1877: Clerical probate records are found in Sunnhordaland Deanery.
FamilySearch Family Tree Entries
All community extracted IGI parish records for Stord of births and marriages were transferred into the FamilySearch Family Tree when it was first created in the spring of 2012. This means that the majority of births from 1725 to 1878 and marriages from 1816 to 1878 are already in FamilyTree but not necessarily linked into family groups and extended families. Many of these records exist with duplicates. An ongoing need is to properly combine these Family Tree "twigs" into the larger tree by properly merging all duplicates and linking families.
The following parish registers have had each entry examined. For births, the individual has been found in or added to Family Tree, had all duplicates merged, and been properly linked to parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles with FamilySearch historical database sources added and links to the Digitalarkivet scanned images added. For marriages, the same has been done except grandparents, aunts, and uncles have not been added or edited. For death dates, the date has just been added to the person as currently in Family Tree or the person has been added to Family Tree if necessary along with parents but extensive clean up work on the family has not been done.
|Ministerialbok nr. B 2 (1878 - 1913)||1878-1888||1878-1887||1878-1878||1878-1878|
|Klokkerbok nr. A 1 (1864 - 1878)||1878-1878||1878-1878||1878-1878||1878-1878|
|Klokkerbok nr. A 2 (1879 - 1909)||1879-1888||1879-1887|
(Please update this table as years are completed)
When searching for individuals in Family Tree who were born, married, or died at Stord, due to the changeable nature of Norwegian surnames it is most efficient to search using first name only, approximate event date, and place name "Stord, Hordaland, Norway."