|Peru Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Peru ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
Country Information[edit | edit source]
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Getting Started with Peru Research
Links to articles on getting started with Peru research.
Peru Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Peru research.
Finding Your Ancestors' Town in Peru[edit | edit source]
- Genealogical records are organized by geographical locality. Civil registration (government birth, marriage, and death records) and church records (christenings/baptisms, marriages, and burials) were kept at the local level. To search these records, you must know the town where your ancestors lived.
- If you do not know your ancestors' town, follow the advice in the Wiki article, Peru Finding Town of Origin, to search a variety of records that might provide that information.
Peru Clickable Map[edit | edit source]
Regions[edit | edit source]
Peru is currently divided into 25 regions. The Peruvian regions are sub-divided into provinces, and the provinces are sub-divided into districts.
- La Libertad
- Madre de Dios
- San Martín
FamilySearch Resources[edit | edit source]
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
Research Tutorials[edit | edit source]
- Search page
- Introduction to Hispanic Research
- Reading Spanish Handwritten Records:
- Lesson 1: The Spanish Alphabet
- Lesson 2: Words and Dates
- Lesson 3: Reading Spanish Records
- Hispanic Online Resources
- U.S. Hispanic Immigration
- U.S. Hispanic Immigrants: Finding their Place of Origin
- Improve your Search Results in FamilySearch Hispanic Records
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Peru," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peru, accessed 28 March 2016.