Ohio Deaths - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
- Note 1: 1950 > 19401-22100 does not have the death date information on the search results page or record details page.
- Note 2: Film 1927356, DGS 4020636 contains transcription errors.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer 1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- 1926 > 75631-78785 is missing File numbers 77735 and 77750. Order Film 1984618 to view the files.
- 1931 > 51701-54900 indexed records for File Numbers 52117-54900 are not online. Order Film 1992473 to view the files.
- 1936 > 64201-67100 > Image 3099 of 3203 is FN 66924 and Image 3100 of 3203 is FN 67019. Order Film 2022731 to view the files.
- 1942 > 14801-17700 is missing File numbers 17042-17700 online. Order Film 2023983 to view the files.
- 1945 > 13001-16200 > Image 7 of 3506 is missing Certificates 13001 and 13002. Order Film 2372733.
A record containing an overlay is filmed twice, once with the overlay and once without to preserve pertinent information. Scroll forward, or backwards to see the image without the overlay.
Question #2: The record detail page is linked to the wrong image. How can I find the correct image?
Answer 2: From the record detail page, use the Event Date, Event Place, or File Number or Reference ID (certificate number) to find the correct image by using the right or left scroll arrow. In some cases, the image was not placed online, resulting in a link failure. Order the microfilm using the Film Number for viewing. Unfortunately, in some cases, the File Number on the record detail page is incorrect or missing.
Question #3: Some indexed records have name; relationship; and event place, date, or type errors. How can I determine the correct information?
Answer 3: View the document to verify the correct information. The event place and event date can also be verified by searching the Catalog using the film number included in the record detail page.