Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note[edit | edit source]
NOTE: Many of the records in the civil registration have files connected to the wrong records. This link: Wegwijzer in de wondere wereld van FamilySearch also known as Genver, contains a list of all the problems that have been reported thus far and the correct location of the desired records. This site is being updated as needed. The information is in Dutch.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Why do some waypoints include records of a type other than that indicated. For example, births, deaths, marriages, and divorces may be mixed together?
Answer 1: The original records are of mixed types. Birth, marriage and death records are in one book, and in some cases, more than one record type is found on the same page. Not much can be done to resolve that, so the collection was organized with three sets of the same images in numerical order. One set for births, one for deaths and one for marriages. The resulting combination of record sets usually appear alphabetically by type, e.g., Geboorten records appear first, followed by Huwelijken, Overlijden, etc.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: The Event Type and Year Range (waypoint) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer 2: The following list of known waypoint discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Hellevoetsluis > Overlijden 1894-1902 in link for Hekendorp > Overlijden 1893-1902 beginning with image 101.
- Hof Van Delft > Huwelijken 1857-1860 year span should be1858-1882.
- Strijen > Overlijden (deaths) 1913-1932:
- • Records begin with 1923, followed by 1924.
- • 1913-1932 records follow those for 1924 in sequence, beginning at Image 53.
- Vrijenban>Geboorten, Huwelijken and Overlijden 1812-1817.
- Vrijenban was incorporated into Delft as of 1 Jan 1812 and separated again 1 Apr 1817. History of the town between 1812-1921 can be found at Genver website. Search in Delft for these records.
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question 3: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer 3: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location.
- Goudswaard > Overlijden (deaths) 1913-1932 are available on Film #1800634.
- Goudswaard > Huwelijken (marriages) 1913-1922: Geboorten (births) 1913-1922 are at this marriages link. Huwelijksaangiften (marriage returns) 1913-1922 are available in the Netherlands, Civil Registration, 1792-1952 collection.
- Hellovoetsluis > Overlijden 1894-1902 are available on Film # 1800635
- Maasdam > Geboorten (births) 1853 are not available in this collection or on film.
- Oudenhoorn > Overlijden (deaths) 1857-1869 records for 1858 are missing except for Certificate #50 and #51. No additional 1858 records are on Film #237359.
- Sandelingen-Ambacht > Geboorten 1843-1855 records are available on Film #237497.
Question 4[edit | edit source]
Question 4: There are municipalities listed which are not in Zuid-Holland Province. Do you have a complete list of these?
Answer 4: Municipalities that are incorrectly included in the Zuid-Holland collection are listed below under the correct province.
- Zeeland Province: Middelburg
Question 5[edit | edit source]
Question 5: The images for Breille > Geboorten (Births) 1847-1860 are too light to read. Are the records available on film?
Answer 5: The records found on Film 236657 appear to be more readable.
Question 6[edit | edit source]
Question 6: The 1913 and 1915 records seem to be missing from the Schoonhoven > Tienjarige tafels 1913-1922 Geboorten waypoint. How can I see them?
Answer 6: The Geboorten index for years 1913 and 1915 are not on the film. The film appears damaged and the records were likely unavailable for filming.
- Go to the Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration, 1679-1942 collection at FamilySearch.org