Llanfaelrhys, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy


History

LLANFAELRHYS, a parish, with a village, in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; at the extremity of the Lleyn peninsula, under Mynydd-Rhiw, adjacent to Hell's Mouth bay, 12 miles SW by W of Pwllheli, and 27 SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Aberdaron, under Pwllheli. Acres, 1,679. Real property, £1,075. Pop., 208. Houses, 40. There are manganese mines. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Aberdaron, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Maelrhys.[Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-1872, John Marius Wilson]

Llanfaelrhys Parish
Jurisdictions
County bef 1974 add here
County 1 Apr 1974-31 Mar 1996 add here
County 1 Apr 1996 - add here
Civ Reg District Pwllheli (1881)
Reg Sub-district Aberdaron (1881)
Probate Court add here
Diocese add here
Rural Deanery add here
Chapelry add here
Poor Law Union Pwllheli
Hundred Commitmaen
Province add here
Hamlets add here


Records

Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Maps and Gazetteers

Websites