Lake Shore Path
.12,000 years have passed since the Native American Indians created this path next to the shoreline by the Mendota Lake. The Indians used this path to gain access to the water and to reach their ceremonial site. European-American settlers came in 1849. Ancient Native American Presence was found in the Four Lakes region.
The Lakeshore path follows Lake Michigan shoreline, runs along Chicago's Lakeshore Drive on the west side, The trail goes through Lincoln Park, then downtown Chicago to Shedd aquarium and past Field Museum, Sloddier Field and McCormick Place.
- New York, United States Genealogy
- Michigan, United States Genealogy
- Ohio, United States Genealogy
- Pennsylvania, United States Genealogy
- Wisconsin, United States Genealogy
Internet Links[edit | edit source]
- Lake Erie Timeline
- Lake Erie Coastal Ohio Trail
- Lake Erie Shipwrecks
- Lake Erie Islands by Size
- Lake Erie Battle War of 1812