Difference between revisions of "Jacksonville Florida East Family History Center"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
====Staff Training Meetings:
====Staff Training Meetings: ====
Revision as of 12:43, 20 July 2021
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 7665 Fort Caroline Rd Jacksonville FL 32277-2214 United States
- This is not a mailing address.
- Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- Entrance is located at the back church building.
- Please ring the bell.
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: Closed
- Saturday: Closed
- Other times by appointment
Closed the first Saturday in March, April and October: Thanksgiving week: Last two weeks of December:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Roots Tech: March 3-5. This years conference will again be vitual. Additional information will follow.
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings: TBA[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- over 1500 books
- over 1400 films on extended loan
- over 1500 fiche
- data base of names submitted to the center with about 47,000 names currently listed
- FHC Portal: The Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions is currently out of service and the is currently not a date when it will become available.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 7 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1scanner for both film and fiche
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)