Idaho, County Birth and Death Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||Birth and Death Records|
|Various County Courthouses, Idaho|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Citations for This Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection consists of a database and images of county birth and death registers for the following counties (coverage varies between counties) for the years 1883 to 1929:
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The various records in this collection may contain any of the following information:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Coverage Map and Tables[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
Click on an image for a larger view.
How Do I Search the Collection?[edit | edit source]
You can search the index or view the images or both. Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- The name of a parent or date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page.
- Select County
- Select Record Type, Date Range and Volume
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Idaho, county birth and death records, 1883-1929. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
If these are indexes, the original records may contain additional information than was not indexed, or the information might have been indexed incorrectly. You may want to search for the original record at the Idaho, United States Genealogy.
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- In case you need to find this record again later, copy the citation below in the Citing This Collection section.
- Use the age or estimated birth date to find other county or Idaho Vital Records such as birth, baptism, marriage, and death records.
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in the United States Census, 1860 (FamilySearch Historical Records) or the United States Census, 1900 (FamilySearch Historical Records). Search the state censuses as well.
- Use the information found in the record to find [Idaho Probate Records].
- Use the information found in the record to find [].
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index.
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well.
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family.
I Can’t Find Who I’m Looking for, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives.
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality.
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name.
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well.
- Check the infobox above for additional FamilySearch websites and related websites that may assist you in finding similar records.
Known Issues with This Collection[edit | edit source]
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citations for This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929.
Image Citation This template has been deprecated and is no longer used.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.