Germany Marriages - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note[edit | edit source]
- NOTE: Many Germany indexed death and burial records include in the Death Place name, a reference to Evangelisch or Katholisch. These terms are religious affiliations (Protestant or Catholic), not place names.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question #1: Records that were previously viewed in this collection may not currently be available online. Where can these missing records be found?
Answer 1: Since all of the records were extracted from microfilms, any missing records can be located by searching the Library Catalog and viewing the relevant films at a family history center.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question #2: Sometimes a Batch will list the wrong location for the marriage. How can I find the correct location?
Answer 2: You may find the Batch number in the table below, which consists of incorrect locations along with correct locations that have been reported. We also included the film number which you can order and view at your local family history center. Verifying the correct marriage location requires viewing the microfilm.
|BATCH||INCORRECT LOCATION||CORRECT LOCATION||FILM NUMBER|
|M93738-2||Rinklingen||Rinklingen||1238360, Items 1-4|
|M93738-2||Rinklingen||Koenigbach||1238360, Items 5-8|
|M94573-4||Schmidt, Rhineland, Preussia||Schleiden||936138|
|M00683-0||Hessox-Nassau, Prussia||Niederrol, Hessen-Nassau, Prussia||342482|
|M95415-2||Bodnegg, Donaukreis, Wuerttemberg||Auggen, Baden||1189423|
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question #3: Some indexed entries have missing or incorrect information regarding the birth date, birth place, baptism/christening place, or film number. Is the missing/correct information available?
Answer 3: Known specifics concerning missing or incorrect information regarding the birth date, birth place, baptism/christening place, or film number are listed below:
- The correct film number for batch M99610-2 is not film # 70740 as given on the record details page but film # 70741.
- There are duplicate indexed records for batch M93048-1 with different films (815860 and 1189644). The correct duplicate indexed record for Batch M93048-1 is the one associated with Film 1189644 and the marriage place of Evangelisch, Hesselhurst, Offenburg, Baden.
- Records from Film 1340378 should have an Event Place of Naunheim, Hessen-Nassau, Preußen, Germany
- Indexed records from Film 584840 with event place: Buchholz Boppard, Rheinland, Prussia should contain event place: Buchholz (Eckfeld), Rheinland, Preußen, Germany
- Go to the Germany Marriages - FamilySearch Historical Records wiki article
- Go to the Germany, Marriages, 1558-1929 collection at FamilySearch.org