Germany, Bavaria, Nuremberg, Account Books - FamilySearch Historical Records
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to this Article
- 8 Citations for This Collection
Title in the Language of the Record[edit | edit source]
Deutschland, Bayern, Nürnberg, Gewerbeakten, 1600-1800
Record Description[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of account books for the city of Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany. Original records located in the Nuremberg City Archives.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
Record Content[edit | edit source]
| This image needs a translation.
You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)
Account books may contain any of the following:
- Names of interested parties
- Residence within the city
- Details about the business or transaction
- Names of other family members
How to Use the Record[edit | edit source]
To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- Your ancestor's full name
- Some identifying information such as residence, age, and family relationships.
Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
Search the Collection[edit | edit source]
To search the collection:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the “Record Type”
⇒Select the “Name Range or Description” which takes you to the images
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in German. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
- German Word List
- Germany Handwriting
- German Script Tutorial, Brigham Young University Center for Family History and Genealogy
Using the Information[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. For example:
- Use the age to calculate a birth date.
- Use the dates and names to search other records such as church records and city directories.
Tips to Keep in Mind[edit | edit source]
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Titles may be clues to property ownership, occupations, rank, or status within the community.
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives.
Unable to Find your Ancestor?[edit | edit source]
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for alias names, nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Search the records of nearby localities.
- Search the city directories for the time period.
|FHL Place Germany, Bavaria, Nuremberg items or FHL Keyword Germany, Bavaria, Nuremberg items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Germany Archives and Libraries.|
Related Websites[edit | edit source]
- Stadtarchiv Nürnberg (Nuremberg City Archive)
- [Cyndi’s List, German Immigration/Emigration]
- Germanic Genealogy Society
Related Wiki Articles[edit | edit source]
- German Research Websites
- Bavaria (Bayern) Archives and Libraries
- Bayern (Bavaria)Königreich (kingdom)
- Germany, Bavaria, Nuremberg Miscellaneous City Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to this Article[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Germany, Bavaria, Nuremberg, Account Books, 1600-1800." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing Stadtarchiv Nürnberg [Nuremberg City Archive].
This template has been deprecated and is no longer used.