Edgefield, Edgefield County, South Carolina Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Archives and Libraries[edit | edit source]

Biography[edit | edit source]

Cemeteries[edit | edit source]

  • Edgefield death notices and cemetery records FHL Book 975.737/E1 V4m. Also available on microfiche 6048060 Fiches 1-4 (4 fiche)
  • Epitaphs Edgefield County, South Carolina FHL Book
  • Inscriptions from Edgefield Village Baptist Cemetery: including Trinity Episcopal Church Section and Willowbrook Cemetery FHL Microfilm 9417

Antioch Bapist[edit | edit source]

1843 SC Highway 23 West
Edgefield, SC 29824-3304

"Antioch Baptist Church had begun as part of the Separatist Baptist movement in 1804, but had reorganized in 1830."

Berea Baptist Church[edit | edit source]

Big Creek Butler Churchyard[edit | edit source]

Carey Hill[edit | edit source]

East View[edit | edit source]

Edgefield[edit | edit source]

First Baptist Church[edit | edit source]

Frazier[edit | edit source]

Gilgal Church[edit | edit source]

Gilgal Church Rd
Edgefield, SC 29824
Phone: 803-637-3764

Mims Family[edit | edit source]

Nazareth United Methodist Church[edit | edit source]

Old Mays[edit | edit source]


Ouzts Newer Ground[edit | edit source]

Long Cane Road, Edgefield, SC

Cemetery is located off of Long Cane Road in Edgefield County, South Carolina. From the intersection of State Hwy 378 and Long Cane Road, head East towards Edgefield. The cemetery is located off a side road, 1.3 miles after the intersection, on the right hand side of the road. There are signs for Ouzts / Utz family cemetery along the way.

Pleasant Grove Baptist Church[edit | edit source]

Pleasant Lane Baptist Church[edit | edit source]

Poplar Springs[edit | edit source]

Rainsford Family[edit | edit source]

The Rainsford family burial ground is located about eight miles southwest of Edgefield, on the estate known as Rainsford Old Place, settled by John Rainsford, who came to South Carolina in 1773 from England.

Red Oak Grove Baptist Church[edit | edit source]

Seigler Family[edit | edit source]

Shady Grove[edit | edit source]

This cemetery is located on private property. In order to reach this cemetery, a person must pass through two different pastures on foot. The road is 2 1/2 miles of dirt, but after the first mile, it is not being maintained and is almost impassable.

Simkins Family[edit | edit source]

Simmon Ridge Baptist Church[edit | edit source]

286 Center Spring Rd
Edgefield, SC 29824
Phone: (803) 637-6348

St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church[edit | edit source]

The adjacent cemetery contains the graves of several Confederate soldiers, including that of Dr. Harwood Burt, the father of Catholicism in Edgefield County.

Sunset Gardens[edit | edit source]

Willow Brook[edit | edit source]

Willow Spring Baptist Church[edit | edit source]

Census[edit | edit source]

Includes tax records for the year 1891 and an 1891 census of the village of Edgefield. The 1890 census was destroyed by fire.

Church History and Records[edit | edit source]

Court Records[edit | edit source]

Emigration and Immigration[edit | edit source]

Gazetteers[edit | edit source]

Genealogy[edit | edit source]

History[edit | edit source]

Land and Property[edit | edit source]

Maps[edit | edit source]

Military History and Records[edit | edit source]

Civil War[edit | edit source]
- 13th Regiment, South Carolina Infantry,
- Company A
- 16th Battalion, South Carolina Cavalry,
- Company B
- Company G

Newspapers[edit | edit source]

Probate Records[edit | edit source]

Taxation[edit | edit source]

Vital Records[edit | edit source]

Societies, Libraries and Museums[edit | edit source]

Websites[edit | edit source]