Information about Newspapers
A resource for information about Connecticut newspapers is:
- The U.S. Newspaper Directory, 1690-Present is a national directory from the Library of Congress of over 140,000 newspaper titles. The directory provides a list of libraries from around the country that have the newspapers in their collections.
Digital Newspapers Online
- NewspaperArchive ($) has a collection of digitized Connecticut newspapers (mostly Bridgeport and Naugatuck) online. This database is sometimes free at libraries. It may be under the name Access NewspaperArchive.
- Marriage and death notices published in Connecticut newspapers for the period 1796 to 1865 have been indexed in the Charles R. Hale Collection, described in the Wiki article, Connecticut Cemeteries FHL Collection.
- The Hartford Times published a genealogical queries section at various times from 1901 to 1967. Indexes to surnames and copies of clippings for some years are at the Family History Library on 9 FHL films beginning with 1421780. This is listed in the FamilySearch Catalog under CONNECTICUT - GENEALOGY.
- The Hartford Times, 1957-1967 Surname Index compiled by Earl G. Darby on 75 microfiche beginning with 6016206