Connecticut, United States Genealogy
Guide to Connecticut ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Connecticut Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Connecticut became the fifth state admitted to the United States in January 9, 1788. Connecticut was created from Connecticut Territory and is located in the northeast region of the United States. The capital is Hartford and there are 8 counties in Connecticut. 
Getting Started with Connecticut Research
Links to articles on getting started with Connecticut research.
Connecticut Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Connecticut research.
Connecticut Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Connecticut Migration Routes
- Atlantic Coast Ports
- Boston Post Road or King's Highway
- Connecticut River
- Farmington River Valley
- Housatonic Valley
- Catskill Road
- Connecticut Turnpike
- Greenwood Road
- King's Highway or Boston Post Road
- Long Island Sound
- New Haven and Milford Turnpike
- New London and Lyme Turnpike
- Old Connecticut Path
- Pequot Path
- Philipstown Turnpike
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Connecticut Index
- Cyndi's List - Connecticut genealogy sites on the internet
- Connecticut Genealogy Trails - Collection of transcribed data for the state of Connecticut
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Connecticut
- The Ancestor Hunt - Resources for Connecticut genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Connecticut
- Connecticut Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Connecticut" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut (accessed 15 March 2016).
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 1 Nov 2016.