Albuquerque New Mexico West Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
2021 Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 4500 Seven Bar Loop Rd NW, Albuquerque, NM, 87110
- Located on the corner of Ellison Drive and Seven Bar Loop Road
- Access to the Family History Center is through entrance doors on the West side of the building.
- If outer door is locked, please ring bell found at upper right of door.
- Language: English
- 1-505-898-7583 Please call before coming to verify that staff is in.It would be our pleasure to assist you to meet your specific family history needs.
Open Hours: We are presently closed due to Covid-19. Please check back with us for updates.
- Monday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Holiday Schedule 2021[edit | edit source]
We are reopening Jun 1, 2021
Closed all major holidays as follows: Sept. 6, Nov. 24-25, Dec. 24-31.
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff and Temple and Family History Consultants Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Classes will resume once the center reopens.
2nd Saturday morning (9-10 am) of each month. Call for more details.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Microfilm records from all New Mexican and some Arizonan Native American tribes
- Acadian-Cajun Family Trees
- Compendium of New England Pioneers
- Family Archives: Immigrants to America
- 705 Genealogical Library Books
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center may have various films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
The FHC Portal is undergoing maintenance at this time. some of the following sites may not be available.
"FHC Portal" The Family History Center Portal page located at this center gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War: research database, letters & diaries, photographs; Women and Social Movements in the U.S., 1600-2000.
- American Ancestors-Library rights
- Ancestry.com - Institution Version
- ArkivDigital Online - Swedish church, court, & estate inventory historical documents
- Find My Past - Institution Version - like Ancestry.com, with special focus on the United Kingdom
- Fold3.com (formerly footnote.com) - contains millions of military historical documents and photos
- My Heritage - Library Edition
- Newspaper Archive
- Paper Trail - 19th century American migration documents
- ProQuest Obituary Listings - offers more than 10.5 million obituaries & death notices in full image format from historical archives of top newspapers
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Internet access on eight computers
- Two printers
- One multi-function printer
- One microfilm reader
- One microfiche reader
- One Minolta microfilm/fiche copier
Center Services[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Family Tree
- Guidance with other genealogical programs including Ancestry.com
- Scanning of photographs and documents directly into FamilySearch or onto a user supplied thumb drive
- Microfilm/microfiche viewing and printing
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Albuquerque New Mexico Genealogy Center Main Library at 501 Copper Avenue NW (see link below).
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.