1st Regiment, New Hampshire Cavalry
Brief History[edit | edit source]
The 1st Regiment, New Hampshire Cavalry was first organized at Concord, New Hampshire, as a battalion of four companies and attached to 1st New England Cavalry. They were mustered in from October 24 to December 21, 1861. Afterward designated 1st Rhode Island Cavalry, as Compnaies "I," "K," "L," "M." Regiment mustered out July 15, 1865.
For more information about the 1st Regiment, New Hampshire Heavy Artillery and its history, see:
1st New Hampshire Volunteer Cavalry - wikipedia
Company Rosters[edit | edit source]
- First New Hampshire Cavalry Regiment Rosters - This website is a work in progress and is not a complete roster.
- 1st Regiment New Hampshire Volunteer Cavalry - New Hampshire Heritage.
Companies in the Regiment[edit | edit source]
- Company A mustered in April 19, 1864.
- Company B mustered in April 20, 1864.
- Company C mustered in April 23, 1864.
- Company D mustered in June 26, 1864.
- Company E mustered in July 8, 1864.
- Company F mustered in July 16, 1864.
- Company G mustered in July 21, 1864.
- Company H mustered in July 21, 1864.
- Company I, K, L, M transfered January 7, 1864.
Source Material[edit | edit source]
- Civil War Oaths, 1861-1865, New Hampshire. Adjutant General's Office - Available on microfilm at the FHL 983230.
- New Hampshire in the Great Rebellion, by Otis F.R. Waite. Available at the FHL Book 974.2 M2w. Also available online with Google Books. This book shows a list of the field, staff and company officers, and the official record of each. First Cavalry, see page 544.
- Civil War in the East - Timeline of the 1st New Hampshire Cavalry.