14th Regiment, Tennessee Cavalry (Union)
14th Regiment, Tennessee Cavalry failed to complete organization. Those enlisted on duty on Nashville Northwestern Railroad, Dept. of the Cumberland, to February, 1865. Affair near Triune February 10, 1865. Scout from Nashville on Nolensville Pike February 15-16.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section,14th Regiment Cavalry, (accessed 5 April 2012)
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of OriginEdit
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, 14th Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, USA, (accessed 18 Jan 2012). A brief history, officers and captains.
- Federal Military Rosters, 14th Cavalry Regiment (aka Bradford's Battalion), (accessed 18 Jan 2012).