13th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)
The 13th Regiment was formed in February 1777 at Fort Pitt. Companies recruited men from Yohogania County; Monongalia County and West Augusta District, now Ohio County. Field officers at Valley Forge were Colonel William Russell, Colonel George Gibson, Lt. Colonel Richard Campbell, and Major Richard Taylor. Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, at: http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va13.asp, accessed 19 March 2018.
- 1776-1778 - Colonel William Russell in command 19 Dec 1776 to 14 Sep 1778 
- 1st Company - Captain Robert Beall - many men from Yohogania County
- 2nd Company - Captain Benjamin Harrison - many men from Yohogania County
- 3rd Company - Captain George McCormick - many men from West Augusta District
- 4th Company - Captain David Steel(e) - many men from Yohogania County
- 5th Company - Captain James Sullivan - many men from West Augusta District
- 6th Company - Captain John Lemen - many men from West Augusta District
- 7th Company - Captain James Hook(e) - many men from Yohogania County
- 8th Company - Captain James Neal - many men from Monongalia County
- 9th Company - Captain Silas Zane - many men from West Augusta District
- 10th Company - Captain David Scott - many men from Monongalia County
- Ensign John Hargis of Albemarle County 
- Captain James Sullivan 
- Captain Thomas Wills 
- F.B. Heitman, Historical Register of Officers of the Continental Army During the War of the Revolution, April, 1775, to December, 1783 (Washington, D.C.: W.H. Lowdermilk and Co., 1893), 54. Digitized by Internet Archive.
- E.M. Sanchez-Saavedra, A Guide to Virginia Military Organizations in the American Revolution, 1774-1787 (Richmond, Va.: Virginia State Library, 1978), 69. FHL Book 975.5 M2s; 13th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Edgar Woods, Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It (Charlottesville, Va.: The Michie Company Printers, 1901), 367-368.
- 13th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.