Yalding, Kent Genealogy
Guide to Yalding, Kent ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Yalding St Peter & St Paul Kent
|Poor Law Union||Maidstone|
|Parish registers: 1559; Separate registers exist for Collier Street beginning 1848|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1716|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Rochester; Post-1844 - Canterbury|
|Probate Court||Pre-1845 - Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Rochester; Post-1844 - Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
YALDING (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, and formerly a market-town, in the union of Maidstone, hundred of Twyford, lathe of Aylesford, W division of Kent, 6 miles SW from Maidstone.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Yalding parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Yalding Online Parish Records|
|BIVRI||1716-1763, 1782-1784, 1813-1880 (gaps)||1716-1837 (gaps)|
|FS BTs||1716-1784, 1813-1880||1716-1784, 1813-1880||1716-1784, 1813-1880|
Maps[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., [ http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51436#s4 A Topographical Dictionary of England], (1848). Date accessed: 16 July 2013.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 7 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish baptism records', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish marriage records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish burial records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- 'England, Kent, Bishop's Transcripts, 1560-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 11 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Kent, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 13 November 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 3 November 2013.