Wyoming Archives and Libraries
|Wyoming Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
The archives, libraries, and societies listed below have major collections or services helpful to genealogical researchers. Also see United States Archives and Libraries for additional detailed information on regional and national archives and libraries.
- 1 Wiki Articles on Major Repositories in Wyoming
- 2 Archives
- 3 Libraries
- 4 Wyoming Public Libraries
- 5 Wyoming Online Records
- 6 Other Websites:
Wiki Articles on Major Repositories in Wyoming[edit | edit source]
Archives[edit | edit source]
2301 Central Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82002
County Records, Death Certificates Database, Map Database (LUNA), Newspaper Project, Phone Books, Photograph Database (LUNA), State Directories
17101 Huron Street
Broomfield, CO 80023
- Federal population censuses for all States, 1790-1930
- Indexes for the 1880, 1900, 1910, and 1920 censuses (indexes are not available for all census years and all states)
- Revolutionary War records
- Pension and bounty land warrant applications
- Ship's passenger lists
- Indian censuses
- Utah polygamy prosecution case files
- Colorado naturalizations
2111 Willett Drive
University of Wyoming
Laramie, WY 82071
UW American Heritage Center
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-4114
Fax: (307) 766-5511
Libraries[edit | edit source]
2800 Central Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0006
2200 Pioneer Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Genealogy & Special Collections: 307-773-7232
They have more than 20,000 books and microforms covering the United States and other countries, military records, passenger and immigration lists, family histories, genealogy journals, and more. Essential guides such as the American Genealogical and Biographical Index and the Boston Transcript are included. Our relationship with the local Family History Center allows access to resources from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
AncestryLibrary.com and Sanborn Maps are available for research online, as well as a list of genealogical websites such as FamilySearch.org and Cyndi’s List.
Emmett D. Chisum Special Collections supports the mission of the University of Wyoming Libraries to provide information resources and services to meet the instructional, research, and outreach needs of UW Students, faculty and staff. It also serves the research needs of Wyoming citizens as well as researchers from around the world. There are more than 50,000 published items located within Emmett D. Chisum Special Collections primarily related to Wyoming's history and culture.
Wyoming Public Libraries[edit | edit source]
Addresses for each public library in Wyoming
Wyoming Online Records[edit | edit source]
Other Websites:[edit | edit source]
- USGenWeb A cooperative effort by many volunteers to list genealogical databases, libraries, and other resources available on the Internet for each county, state, and country.
- Roots-L A useful list of sites and resources. Includes a large, regularly updated research coordination list. To learn more about the history and record-keeping systems of Wyoming counties, use the six inventories of the county archives published by the Historical Records Survey around 1940. Copies of these inventories are available at the Family History Library. Links to Wyoming-related articles
TopicsSearch Strategies · Record Finder · Introduction · American Indians · Archives and Libraries · Bible Records · Biography · Cemeteries · Census · Church Records · Court Records · Directories · Emigration and Immigration · Gazetteers · Genealogy · History · Land and Property · Maps · Military Records · Naturalization and Citizenship · Newspapers · Online Records · Periodicals · Probate Records · Societies · Taxation · Vital Records · Voting Registers · For Further Reading Counties Extinct Co. Major
RoutesLinks to U.S. Archives and Libraries-related articles
StatesAlabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming
Federal District: District of Columbia
Ethnic/Religious Territories Former Territories
To access available information, first log into FamilySearch.