Wyoming, Reclaim the Records, State Archives Vital Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Wyoming, Reclaim the Records, State Archives Vital Records, 1908-1966
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Wyoming|
|Location of Wyoming|
|Record Type||Marriage, Divorce and Death Indexes|
|Wyoming State Archives, Cheyenne|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection contains Wyoming marriage, divorce, and death indexes spanning the years 1908 to 1966 from the Wyoming. Health and Medical Services, Vital Records Section.The records were acquired by Reclaim the Records and shared with FamilySearch. The collection is comprised of the following three indexes:
- Wyoming Marriage Index: 1980-1966.
- Wyoming Divorce Index: 1941-1952.
- Wyoming Death index: 1900-1952.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the individual(s)
- The approximate date of the marriage, divorce or death
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Search for vital records, such as birth and marriage
- Search for the death certificate
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in census records
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves or at Find A Grave
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records
- Search for probate records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for alias names, nicknames and abbreviated names
- Search the indexes and records of nearby localities
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Wyoming.
- United States, How to Use Marriage Records
- United States, How to Use Death Records
- Wyoming Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
- Wyoming, Marriages, 1869-1923
- Wyoming Marriages, 1877-1920
- Wyoming, Star Valley Independent Obituaries, 1901-2015
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.