Virginia's Ringgold Light Artillery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brief History[edit | edit source]
- Organized in February 1862.
- It was attached to the 13th Battalion Virginia Artillery but for some time operated as an independent command.
- The unit served in western Virginia and, assigned to J. F. King's Battalion sustained 5 casualties during the Kanawha Valley Campaign.
- During December it contained 3 officers and 87 men.
- Later it was involved in the Knoxville Campaign and fought at Cloyd's Mountain and New River Bridge.
- The battery then was attached to W. H. Gibbes' Battalion, Army of Northern Virginia, participated in the defense of Petersburg, and ended the war at Appomattox as infantry.
- Captains Crispin Dickenson and Timothy H. Stamps.