Virginia's Eubank's-Taylor's Battery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brief History[edit | edit source]
- Organized in March 1862.
- It was assigned to the 12th Battalion Virginia Artillery, but became an independent company in August 1862.
- The unit served in S. D. Lee's, E. P. Alexander's, and F. Huger's Battalion, and fought with the Army of Northern Virginia from Second Manassas to Cold Harbor except when it was detached to Georgia and Knoxville with Longstreet. However, the unit was not involved in the Battle of Chickamauga.
- It participated in the defense of Petersburg and ended the war at Appomattox.
- Of the 90 men engaged at Gettysburg, fifteen percent were disabled.
- On April 9, 1865, it was included in the surrender.
- Captains John L. Eubank and Osmond B. Taylor were in command.
- Wise Battery made up some of the men in this company.
Companies[edit | edit source]