Villarrica, Cautín, Chile Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Commune of Villarrica ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The city was founded in 1552 with the name Santa María Magdalena de Villa Rica.
- The city was abandoned in the year 1553. During the next 300 years it was destroyed and rebuilt many times.
- The city was rebuilt in 1833.
- At the beginning of the twentieth century, the Villarrica commune belonged to the old province of Valdivia as part of the Department of Vilarrica.
- The commune of Villarrica has a population of approximately 52,000 people.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1908-1932 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Chile, Civil Registration, 1885-1903 - in Ancestry ($)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal de Villarrica
- Cementerio Parque Jardín de Villarrica
- Cementerio Lican Ray
Localities[edit | edit source]
- Lican Ray
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Villarrica (Chile)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villarrica_(Chile). Visited 9 June 2017