Vanuatu Civil Registration
|Vanuatu Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
How to Find the Records[edit | edit source]
Online Collections[edit | edit source]
Offices to Contact[edit | edit source]
Records can be found at local and national civil registry offices (some copies in France for New Caledonia and Vanuatu).
Historical Background[edit | edit source]
Civil registration begins late in Melanesia as compared to other areas of the world but it is the most complete source for genealogical purposes.
Coverage and Compliance[edit | edit source]
Information Recorded in the Records[edit | edit source]
Birth Records[edit | edit source]
Marriage Records[edit | edit source]
Death Records[edit | edit source]
- Birth, marriage, and death records have the exact date of the event, including time of day for births
- Name of principal and parents
- Occupation and religious preference of parents
- Name of informant for births and names of witnesses for marriages
- Place of residence for parents of new born, of the groom and bride for marriages, and of the deceased for deaths
- Age at death, cause of death, and place of burial in death records.