User:Bloosgrl/sandbox/FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Cemeteries Topic Pages
To learn more about cemeteries in general, go to the Cemeteries Record Page.
Purpose[edit | edit source]
To update/standardize the cemeteries pages for each country, especially those countries without much content in the Wiki. This will help those in underserved countries know where to access cemetery information.
Task List[edit | edit source]
|Ghana||26 November 2019|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||27 November 2019|
|Benin||4 December 2019|
|Sierra Leone||2 December 2019|
|South Africa||2 December 2019|
|Zambia||3 December 2019|
|Namibia||3 December 2019|
Example Pages[edit | edit source]
Project Instructions[edit | edit source]
Step 1: Go to the task list an choose a country. Put your name under 'date completed' to claim it.
Step 2: Copy and paste the headings into the cemeteries page for your country starting with 'Online Resources' and ending with 'Additional Resources'.You may have to create a cemeteries page for the country.If there is an existing page, please check the resources there and keep where appropriate.
Step 3: Locate resources using the instructions under each heading on this page.
Step 4: Delete any headings you have no resources for.
Step 5: When completed, delete your name and put the date in the 'date completed' column.
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
Check the following for resources for your country and link to them where appropriate.
- BillionGraves COUNTRY Page - photos and GPS locations of grave markers Navigate to a country page and change the website link
- Find A Grave COUNTRY page - photos and GPS locations of grave markers Navigate to a country page and change the website link
- Ancestry's Death, Burial and Obituaries Collection
- Cyndi's List search by location and type of record.
- Google search for cemeteries in your country to find additional online resources.
Jewish Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Use Google search with the country name followed by Jewish Cemeteries.
- JewishGen has an inventory you can check.
Military Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Use Google search with the country name followed by military cemeteries to find them.
Individual Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Using Google search for cemeteries in the country
- Using Wikipedia search for cemeteries in the country
Additional Resources at the Family History Library[edit | edit source]
To find cemetery records for COUNTRY NAME in the FamilySearch Catalog follow these steps:
- Go to the FamilySearch Catalog
- Enter: COUNTRY NAME in the Place box
- Click on: Search
- Click on: COUNTRY NAME - Cemeteries
To find cemetery records for lower jurisdictions:
- Click on: Places within COUNTRY NAME
Additional Resources[edit | edit source]
Include any other resources you find. Include WorldCat.org. Search by country name followed by cemeteries.