Records and Lists of Settlers[edit | edit source]
Pioneers who used the Oregon Trail were mostly Americans from the Midwest or Mid-South. Most settled in Oregon, especially in the Willamette Valley, but about 20 percent moved on to Washington (state) before 1870. Others went to California.
No complete list of pioneer settlers who traveled the Oregon Trail is known to exist. However, a variety of sources exist which can be used to identify many of them. Some of these sources may reveal their place of origin.
Pioneer Lists[edit | edit source]
Online Databases[edit | edit source]
Books Online[edit | edit source]
Books[edit | edit source]
- Rose Caudle Terry. Oregon Trail Sources, Queries & Reviews. 6 volumes. Marysville,Washington: Family Publications, 1993 - FHL 973 D25ot
- Linn Genealogical Society. Oregon trail family research requests of those pioneers and their descendants seeking information : contents include requests from those searching plus full index of names. 6 volumes. Albany, Oregon: Linn Genealogical Society, 1993? FHL 979.535 D2L v. 1-6
- "Some Emigrants to Oregon, Trail, June 1844." National Genealogical Society Quarterly 67 (June 1979): 141-142.
- "Deaths along the Oregon Trail, 1852." National Genealogical Society Quarterly (December, 1988): 302-303
- " Register Cliff" Oregon Genealogical Society Quarterly 24 (Summer, 1986):19-20; (Fall, 1986): 4-5. FHL 979.5 D25o
- Oregon-California Trail Sources
Pioneer Databases. Less than one percent of Oregon Trail pioneers are so far listed in:
- Over-land Trail - Website listing multiple trail lists for various states
- Family History Research. A Guide to Overland Pioneer Documents. Oregon-California Trails Association
- Paper Trail. A Guide to Overland Pioneer Names & Documents. Oregon California Trails Association
- The Oregon Territory and Its Pioneers (accessed 15 July 2011). Includes year-by-year lists of pioneers pre-1839 to 1855.
- "Oregon Pioneers - Search List" in Oregon Genealogical Society Pioneer & Early Settler Certificates (accessed 05 May 2016).