United States Orphan Research
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Internet sites and databases:
- History of Orphanages
- List of Early Orphanages
- Genealogy Today, Orphanage Records
- Children's Aid Society, NYC, archives searches ($) for adoptions, and orphan train riders.
- New York Foundling Hospital, can do records research for close relatives only of placed-out children.
- Family History Library, Salt Lake City, 450 computers, 3,400 databases, 3.1 million microforms, 4,500 periodicals, 310,000 books of worldwide family and local histories, censuses, civil, church, immigration, ethnic, military, and records of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- United States Adoption Research Research Wiki article.
- Bobbie's Genealogy Classroom
For Further Reading: