United States Correctional Institutions
|United States Wiki Topics|
|United States Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Federal Prisons[edit | edit source]
It has an inmate name search for inmates in federal prisons from 1982 to the present. The database gives name, age, sex, race, release date, and prison or if released.
People seeking earlier information need to contact the National Archives (NARA). The following information should be provided in the request:
- - inmate name (including middle name/initial)
- date of birth or approximate age at time of incarceration
- approximate dates in prison
A record may exist for someone who was in BOP custody but never served a federal sentence of incarceration. For example:
- someone detained pre-trial but criminal charges were dismissed
- someone held as a material witness
- someone held for civil contempt
For more information about how to obtain copies of records, visit the National Archives website.
Federal, State, and Local Prisons[edit | edit source]
- BRB Publications has links to free federal, state, and county public records websites, including court, jail, and prison websites with information about inmates. The amount of information given depends on the site.