The Netherlands "How to" Guides
How to use the guides
[edit | edit source]
Select a guide from the list below based on your interests. Please note that some guides need to be completed in sequence to ensure a successful experience. Build your research knowledge and confidence with each activity you complete.
Each guide comes with three parts - Instruction, which includes a guided activity, Assignment, to test what you've learned, and an Answer key, to check how you did on the assignment. The guides are also rated as either Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced. The majority are designed for beginners.
The guides are available in PDF form designed to be downloaded and printed. To view a guide, click on its title. Once the guide has opened, use the PDF tools found in your browser to print and save the document.
PLEASE NOTE: Some guides are designed to be completed using resources found in the Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah. These are indicated by an * following the title of the guide. If you cannot visit the Family History Library, check your local library or your local FamilySearch Family History Center for availability of the resources described in the guide.
[edit | edit source]
This is a work in progress. Please check back often for new and/or updated guides.
- FamilySearch Left-Side/Right-Side Images - Instruction, Activity, Answer Key
- Feast Days - Instruction, Activity, Answer Key
- Inserting Special Characters - Instruction
- WieWasWie: Indexed Records Online - Instruction, Activity, Answer Key
- Reading Dutch Birth Records - Instruction, Activity, Answer Key
- Reading Dutch Marriage Records - Instruction, Activity, Answer Key
- Reading Dutch Death Records - Instruction, Activity, Answer Key
Other "How to" Guides[edit | edit source]
Looking for help in other countries? Check out the full list of "How to" guides.
Feedback[edit | edit source]
We would love your feedback on these guides. Please take a minute to share your comments and/or suggestions. Click here to access the Feedback form.The form will open in a new tab in your browser.