Sund Parish, Hordaland, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Sund, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
|Amt 1689-1919||1660-1763: Bergenhus, 1763-1919: Søndre Bergenhus|
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Microfilm of parish registers available at the Family History Library for Sund prestegjeld(clerical district). Contains the parish registers for Sund parish with Kausland chapel. Included Fjell parish and Askøy (which at the time was an annex under Fjell) to 1813. Fjell was then together with Sund in 1819 and Askøy under the jurisdiction of the priest of St. Jørgens Hospital until 1842 when they both became the new "Fjell and Askøy sognekall" which lasted until 1871 when they both became their own clerical districts. Included also Austevoll and Møkster parishes until 1910. According to tradition in the area some of the church books were ruined by a dog. Records are available from 1729-1881.
Digital images of parish records are online for Sund and Kausland at Digitalarkivet.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- 1664-1666 Census Fogdens og sorenskriverens manntall Nordhordland Fogderi Sund clerical district included Askøy, Møkster, Austevoll, Fjell and Sund parishes. This census was taken by the local civil authorities. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Fillm 122979 Item 4, at Digititalarkivet as scanned images.
- 1664-1666 Census Sogneprestenes manntall Nordhordland Prosti Sund clerical district included Sund, Fjell, and Austevoll parishes. This census was taken by the local parish priests. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Fillm 122972 Item 1, at Digititalarkivet.
- 1701 Census Sund clerical district in Nordhordland civil district (Fogder) is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122983 Item 2. It is online as a database at Digitalarkivet Manntal 1701 for Søndre Bergenhus amt
- 1801 Census Sund clerical district included Sund, Fjell, Austevoll and Møkster parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/show?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fcatalog-search-api%3A8080%2Fwww-catalogapi-webservice%2Fitem%2F496279 Film 123002 Item 2] It is online as a database at Digitalarkivet 1801-telling for 1245 Sund
- 1865 Census Sund clerical district included Sund, Austevoll and Møkster parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 123071 Item 3 It is online as a database at Digitalarkivet 1865-telling for 1245 Sund
- 1875 Census Sund clerical district included Sund, Austevoll and Møkster parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Films 273492-273493 It is online as a database at Digitalarkivet 1875-teljinga for 1245 Sund
- 1891 Census Sund at Digitalarkivet
- 1900 Census Sund clerical district is on microfilm at the Family History Library Films 274291-274272 It is online as a database at Digitalarkivet 1900-telling for 1245 Sund
- 1910 Census The 1910 census search at Digitalarkivet
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center
Court Records[edit | edit source]
Land Records[edit | edit source]
Farm Books[edit | edit source]
Søreide, Oddvar Magne, 1961-: Bygdebok for Skoge: dei gav oss ein arn: bygde- og ættesoge for Skoge år 900-2000. Farm histories and vital information on farm residents i Skoge, Sund Community, Hordaland Co., Norway from year 900 to 2000. FHL 948.32/S4 D2
Asphaug, Arne, 1954-; Drageland, Svein Olaf, 1955-: Bygdebok for Varøy: eit øysamfunn i havgapet. History and genealogies of people living on the Island Community of Vardøy in Sund, Hordaland co., Norway. FHL 948.32/S4 D2
Skogseth, Arvid, 1952-; Fyllingsnes, Frode: Sund på søre Sotra.
Farm histories and history of the Municipality of Sund, Norway. Includes bibliographical references and index.
Contents: v. 1. Gards- og slektssoge gnr. 1-gnr. 12 -- v. 2. Gards- og slektssoge gnr. 13-gnr. 22 -- v. 3. Gards- og slektssoge gnr. 23 - gnr. 31. FHL 948.32/S4 D2. Available through FamilySearch Catalog
Farm Names[edit | edit source]
51 Angskots Lakseverp
28 Bakke 41 Bastdalen 29 Berge 24 Berget 2 Bjelkerøen 3 Bukken 41 Bøen 9 Børnes nedre 8 Børnesvaagen
11 Dalen 31 Dalen 46 Dommedal
43 Eide 30 Eidesund 33 Elven
15 Faarland 11 Førde
15 Garen 33 Garen 33 Glesnes 32 Glesnesholmen 35 Golten nedre
15 Haakensund 45 Hammersland 27 Hamre 17 Haugen 31 Haugen 33 Haugen 33 Haugene 41 Haugene 17 Hummelsund 12 Høiland 12 Høilandsjøen 12 Høilandskjæret
42 Kaarevik 31 Kausland 14 Kleppe 13 Kleppestø 13 Kleppeviken 5 Klokkerviken 37 Kvithaugen
4 Lerøen 7 Limevaagen
33 Midgaren 11 Mjelkeviken 37 Myren
40 Nipen 6 Nygaard 39 Nygaard 31 Nygaren
47 Sangolt lille 36 Selstø 49 Skage 50 Skoge 52 Skrotholmens Lakseverp 41 Spilde 26 Steinsland 37 Stikholmen 33 Storegaren 11 Strømmen 10 Stølen 5 Sund 16 Sæle
25 Toft nordre 23 Tofteraa 22 Trælevik 33 Tuen 38 Tveite midtre 44 Tveite søndre 37 Tveite øvre 21 Tynnevik 1 Tyssøen 39 Tæle
32 Vaatemyren 19 Varøen 18 Viksen 32 Volden 30 Vorland
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
From 1702-1848: Records are found in Nordhordaland, 1702-1910 judicial district.
1848-1895: Records are found in Midhordaland judicial district which was created from Nordhordaland.
1800-1852: Some of the farms in this parish belonged to Lysekloster Estate. If the probate is not found in the district above look at Hardanger og Voss where the probates for Lysekloster were kept.
1773-1810: Clerical probate records are found in Nordhordaland Deanery.