St. Luke’s Church, Charleston, South Carolina
Jump to navigation Jump to search
South Carolina Historical Society holdings:
- "St. Luke’s (Episcopal) Church. Charleston. Vestry minutes. 1866-1905. 2 vols. and 1 folder."
- "Entries re arrangements made during the 1870’s for segregated seating during services; invitations from Grace Church (1877) and St. Stephen’s (1880) to merge. Formation of the Ladies Working Association (1877), names of families both long and recently established in the city appear on vestry lists: Bee, Buist, Gadsden, Hacker, Harleston, Manigault, Matheson, Miles, Muckenfuss, Porcher, Poyas, Stoney, Taft, Waring, and Witte. Correspondences of J. W. Barnwell, A. M. Lee, the Rev. Robert Wilson, and R. W. Shand of Columbia re church finances."