Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
no edit summary
== Parish History ==
'''AMPTHILL''' (St. Andrew), a market-town and '''parish''', 7 miles (S. by W.) from Bedford, and 45 (N. W. by N.) from London. There are three places of worship for'''Independents, Wesleyan Methodists''',&nbsp;and the '''Society of Friends'''.<ref>Samuel A. Lewis, [http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50755#s17 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''] (1848), pp. 53-58. Date accessed: 05 June 2013.</ref><br>
== Resources ==
Original parish registers exist at the [[Bedfordshire County Record Office]] from 1538 - 1992.
=== Census records ===
To find the names of the neighboring parishes, use [http://maps.familysearch.org/ England Jurisdictions 1851 Map]. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
 
Original parish registers exist at the [[Bedfordshire County Record Office]] from 1538 - 1992
===== Non-Conformist Churches =====
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator, Suppressors
24,019

edits

Navigation menu