Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
edit parish history
== Parish History ==
BEDFORD, a borough and market-town, and the head of a union, in the county of Bedford, of which it is the capital, 50 miles (N. N. W.) from London. The borough comprises the '''parishes''' of St. Cuthbert, St. John, St. Mary, St. Paul, and St. Peter Martin. The parish of St. Paul is the largest; an additional church, dedicated to the '''Holy Trinity''', was erected in 1839-40, There are places of worship for '''Baptists''', '''Independents''', '''Wesleyans''', and '''Moravians'''; as well as the '''Primitive Episcopal''' or '''Reformed Church of England'''. <ref>Wilson,John Marius [http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/594 ''Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales''] (1870-72), Date accessed: 21 November 2013.</ref>
Also see<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50788#s22 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''] (1848), pp. 188-194.. Date accessed: 29 August 2013.</ref>
Ribchester St. Wilfrid parish registers and those registers of all of its smaller chapelries lying within its boundaries have been mostly transcribed and are displayed&nbsp;online at the following web sites and ranges of years''':'''
{| width="305" border=".5" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" border=".5"
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffff" align="left" colspan="6" | '''FMP''' = [http://www.findmypast.co.uk/content/sog/misc-series FindMyPast.co.uk (£)]
|}
{| width="725" cellspacingborder="1" cellpaddingalign="1center" bordercellspacing="1" aligncellpadding="center1"
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" align="center" colspan="6" | '''BEDFORD&nbsp;HOLY&nbsp;TRINITY&nbsp;Chapelry (1841) Indexes'''
== Web sites ==
Bedford on [http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/BDF/Bedford/index.html GENUKI]
== References ==
2,605

edits

Navigation menu