Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
added info box, edited parish history
| Prerogative Court =
| Archive = [[Bedfordshire Record Office]]
}}
=== Parish History ===
'''AMPTHILL ''' (St. Andrew), a market-town and '''parish''', and the head of a union, in the hundred of Redbornestoke, county of Bedford, 7 miles (S. by W.) from Bedford, and 45 (N. W. by N.) from London. There are three places of worship for '''Independents''', '''Wesleyan Methodists,&nbsp;''' and the '''Society of Friends''', and '''Wesleyanss'''.<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50755#s17 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''] (1848), pp. 53-58. Date accessed: 05 June 2013.</ref>  AMPTHILL, a small town, a park, a '''parish''', a subdistrict, and a district, in Bedfordshire. The town is 7 miles S by W of Bedford. It has a head post office, a parish church, three chapels for '''Independents''', '''Wesleyan''' '''Methodists''', and '''Quakers'''. <ref>Wilson, John M., ''[http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/descriptions/entry_page.jsp?text_id=885000 Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales]'' (1870-72), Date accessed: 21 November 2013.</ref> <ref>Wilson, John M., ''[http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1044 Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales]'' (1870-72), Date accessed: 21 November 2013.</refbr>
== Resources ==
2,605

edits

Navigation menu