Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
no edit summary
== Parish History <br> ==
BEDFORD, a borough and market-town, and the head of a union, in the county of Bedford, of which it is the capital, 50 miles (N. N. W.) from London. The borough comprises the '''parishes''' of St. Cuthbert, St. John, St. Mary, St. Paul, and St. Peter Martin. The parish of St. Paul is the largest; an additional church, dedicated to the '''Holy Trinity''', was erected in 1839-40, There are places of worship for '''Baptists''', '''Independents''', '''Wesleyans''', and '''Moravians'''; as well as the '''Primitive Episcopal''' or '''Reformed Church of England'''. <ref>Wilson,John Marius [http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/descriptionsplace/entry_page.jsp?text_id=871850 John Marius Wilson, 594 ''Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales ''] (1870-72)]</ref>
Also see<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50788#s22 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''] (1848), pp. 188-194.. Date accessed: 29 August 2013.</ref>
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
1,606

edits

Navigation menu