Sauk Trail[edit | edit source]
The Sauk Trail began as a Native American trail running through Illinois , Indiana and Michigan in the United States]. From west to east, the trail ran from Rock Island on the Mississippi River to the Illinois River near modern Peru then along the north bank of that river to Joliet, and on to [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valparaiso,_Indiana Valparaiso, Indiana. Then it ran northeasterly to LaPorte and into southern Michigan running through Niles, Three Rivers, Ypsilanti and ending at the Detroit River near Detroit.
Historical Background[edit | edit source]
Wiki Pages[edit | edit source]
- Many of the US Migration Trails and Roads
Internet Links[edit | edit source]
- Illinois FamilySearch Wiki Illinois Home Page
- Indiana FamilySearch Wiki Indiana Home Page
- Michigan FamilySearch Wiki Michigan Home Page
- United States FamilySearch Wiki United States Home Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Old Sauk Trail Old Sauk Trail", Nature Bulletin No. 436-A, December 4, 1971, Forest Preserve District of Cook County
To access available information, first log into FamilySearch.