Sandy River Plantation, Franklin County, Maine Genealogy
- Not to be confused with the Sandy River Plantation that became Farmington, Franklin County, Maine Genealogy in 1794.
Sandy River Plantation is a Maine plantation in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called Number 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2 Plantations formed from:
but that long name was changed to Dallas Plantation in 1845, and changed in turn to Rangeley Plantation in 1852. Multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859, and it was split into four parts, including the present-day Sandy River Plantation. In 1865 the northern half was set off to form Greenvale Plantation, but it was annexed back into Sandy River Plantation in 1905. 
References[edit | edit source]
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 103 (digital p. 112). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Sandy River Plantation, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 30 September 2013).
- Wikipedia contributors, "Sandy River Plantation, Maine," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_River_Plantation,_Maine (accessed 4 March 2019).