San Juan Tecuaco, Santa Rosa, Guatemala Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Municipality of San Juan Tecuaco ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The municipality of San Juan Tecuaco was founded around 1800 by the Xincas, an indigenous tribe to the area.
- San Juan Tecuaco municipality (San Juan: in honor a San Juan Evangelista) is located in the southeast region of Guatemala, in the department of Santa Rosa.
- Within 82 square km it is surrounded to the west and south by Chiquimulilla; to the east by Oratorio and Pasaco; and, to the north by Santa Maria Ixhuatan.
- The Democratic local government is comprised of a Major, (Alcalde) a vice, and three councilors.
- The fairs (feria) Bailes, Misa, and Jaripeos, starts on January 23 and ends on January 27 in honor of San Juan Evangelista.
- The Department of Santa Rosa has an approximate population of 301,370 (Census 2002). 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Guatemala, Santa Rosa, San Juan Tecuaco, registro civil – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for only the municipality of San Juan Tecuaco. See the records of neighboring municipalities.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Padrones de Guatemala: padrón de ladinos, 1821: San Juan Tecuaco – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal de San Juan Tecuaco
Localities[edit | edit source]
- Joya Grande
- La Cumbre
- San Luis
- Santa Clara
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "San Juan Tecuaco," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Juan_Tecuaco. Visitado el 18 de enero, 2018. Visited 18 June 2018.