San Benito, Petén, Guatemala Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Municipality of San Benito ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The region currently occupied by San Benito was populated as a result of the immigration of the Itza from northern Yucatan in the year 1420,
- Its conquest resulted in the widespread depopulation of the main places including the Kingdom Capital.
- The repopulation of the region required recourse to the friendly invitation and offer of facilities to ladino and mestizo families from Campeche, Yucatan and Guatemala.
- It was restored as a municipality on January 26, 1873.
- The municipality of San Benito has a population of approximately 57,000 people
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- There are no records only for the municipality of San Benito. See the records of neighboring municipalities.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1751-1937 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for only the municipality of San Benito. See the records of neighboring municipalities.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal de San Benito
Localities[edit | edit source]
- La Cobanerita
- San Antonio
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "San Benito (Petén)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Benito_(Pet%C3%A9n). Visited 24 August 2017.