San Andrés, Petén, Guatemala Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Municipality of San Andrés ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The entire Petén area was assigned as a dependent province of the department of Verapaz after the Independence of Central America.
- It is considered that San Andrés was created in the year 1820, although it has not been possible to locate the reliable document that indicates the date of its creation.
- Numerous European settlers, during the caste war of Yucatan, entered Guatemala and Belize through the area of San Felipe, Mactum and San Andrés, fleeing violence in the region, which was then an independent state.
- The municipality of San Andrés has a population of approximately 20,000 people
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1877-1930 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Guatemala, Petén, San Andrés, registro civil – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Guatemala, Civil Registration, 1877-1980 - in Ancestry ($)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1751-1937 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for only the municipality of San Andrés. See the records of neighboring municipalities.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal de San Andrés
- According to the fieldwork, it has been determined that 87% of the communities in the rural area have a cemetery.
Localities[edit | edit source]
- Paso Caballos
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "San Andrés (Petén)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Andr%C3%A9s_(Pet%C3%A9n). Visited 24 August 2017.