Salida Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are a full service Family History Center. If you have a computer at home we can show you how to use that computer to research the web for family information. While much of the information available is being indexed to make it easier to find, there is still a lot of information that is available only on microfilm. Some microfilm may be available to search through here at the center.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 1140 Poncha Blvd Salida CO 81201 United States
- By appointment: 719-239-8104
Holiday Schedule: Closed November 25-26, 2015;
Closed between December 20, 2015 and January 3, 2016
Closed all major holidays: July 1-8, 2015;
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- We have many books and films about Colorado history and American Indian history. You are welcome to come see our selection and read them here. These cannot be taken from our center.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We will be getting new computers this year. Until then, please use the Salida Library computers. If you have a computer at home we can show you how to use that computer to research the web for family information. Call the appointment number above to set up a time.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
If you would like to volunteer in our center to allow us to open more hours, please call the appointment number above.